Points from gas stations

The math of winning at proline. Edge play, bankroll management and related issues.
tshi2015

Re: Points from gas stations

Post by tshi2015 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:17 pm

It's likely the retailer don't know how to process properly. If card don't scan, could be dust from scratching PIN obscuring the barcode

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:42 am

No problem here, the 4-digit code is super small so it helps to scratch with a coin (man I miss the penny!) and ask the clerk to enter.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:13 am

Update... No its not a cashier issue. Altho that is going to happen more times then not if you go to a new store.I actually took these non working cards to stores I can operate the OLG machine and yesterday they did not work but today they do. This was not a activation under 24 hours issues either.
Do not contact OLG. The one store I went to called OLG and OLG's solution was to mail in the gift cards as it was determined that the cards should be working and are not. Do not listen to OLG's untrained customer service . I just taped the print out error to the gift card and waited till the next day. Maybe these gift cards are like wine and letting them age makes them better.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:40 am

I see OLG is taping a instructional piece of paper on some of the machines about these gift cards.
Ever since the change of shoppers optimum points to PC points I have not made any redemptions. I see the options are wider now that one can redeem at various stores. Just like maximizing earning points I make a effort to maximize redemption. Any ideas on this? Do they still have Redemption days where points have more value?Also do the new options for redemption give more ways maximize value? From what I can see it is 10000 points for $10 .