Points from gas stations

The math of winning at proline. Edge play, bankroll management and related issues.
bangminton

Re: Points from gas stations

Post by bangminton » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:16 am

zoo99 wrote:I'm still getting 3.4 % o my petro mastercard with caa linked. Only problem is I can only use petro about 20% of the time due to locations /time. I do however get 1.5% at grocery and drugstores and 1% everywhere else. It's amazing how fast points add Also just got a email from petro saying that if you link hbc card up you get additional 20% points (not sure if that is on top of caa % bonus). I think it was around this time last year that esso had their 5x the points on lottery purchases, so look out for that as it was quite nice to get that and also pay with Petro mastercard.
I really dig Petro for these reasons and others that were previously mentioned, zoo.

One other thing (and this could just be my personal preference) but I prefer Petro, or gas stations in general, over the grocery stores/drug marts/convenience stores because I can be in and out quickly and don't have to wait for grannies to check their 25+ Lotto Max or 649 tickets at the counter. I also find gas station attendants to be more knowledgeable and accommodating about ProLine e.g. they are more willing to go to the back and get you new slips, they know exactly what you mean when you ask them to print new gamelists etc.

The little things add up especially on busy Sundays when you have multiple tickets for different types of games to run :)

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Free signup for HBC rewards. If you link it to your petro card, you get an additional 20% in petro points.
Also you can stack it with the CAA membership to get a crazy 40% extra on your petro points!

Red.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:39 pm

What the hell is a hbs bay card? All I know is I am getting one... I surpassed the 1.5 million points again and about ready for all inclusive trip again :D

Biffalo Buff

Post by Biffalo Buff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:03 pm

Five percent off petro gift cards when purchased today on eBay, (plus any credit card cashback or points you may have). $200 in gift cards for $190. This deal will likely expire soon, possibly even tonight.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/189-99-for-4-50- ... Sw54xUU9rG

Petro Canada website says

Petro-Canada Gift CardThe Petro-Canada Gift Card can be used to buy anything at
Petro-Canada from gas to convenience store items. Excludes purchase of gift cards.

So should be fine for proline.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Bought 5 ill let you know if I get ripped off in some way :D . I figure I am protected for 30 days at ebay and ill have no problem spending them within a day of receiving. Interesting to see how these work out

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:31 am

richhhh wrote:What the hell is a hbs bay card? All I know is I am getting one... I surpassed the 1.5 million points again and about ready for all inclusive trip again :D

Richhh, go to hbc.com and register to get an hoc rewards number. Then goto petro canada and register your number there. Bingo! 20% more points! :)

Red.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:58 am

red_falcon wrote:
richhhh wrote:What the hell is a hbs bay card? All I know is I am getting one... I surpassed the 1.5 million points again and about ready for all inclusive trip again :D

Richhh, go to hbc.com and register to get an hoc rewards number. Then goto petro canada and register your number there. Bingo! 20% more points! :)

Red.
Ok done just like that! Took 5 mins. Says it will be good to go in 12 hours. I will confirm the extra points tommorow. So far tonight I got 50$ free from the gift cards and I dunno if biff mentioned but you also get a 500litres @ 5 cents off card per 4 cards. Dont really care about those as I have enough discounted litres but ill hand them out like candy to friends. Then I get extra 20% points that red mentioned which will in turn be around 40 cent per 100$ which will add up!

Keep this shit coming guys!!

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:07 am

Thanks guys, registered my HBC Card. Took sometime to find as I don't usually shop there :)

Shall we proclaim Petro the ProLine Players' gas station of choice? I know you can collect Aeroplan at Esso and Air Miles at Shell for lottery purchases but they pale in comparison to the promotions that Petro has constantly been offering.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Its official I now receive 2800 points per 100$ at petro, Thanks Red :D

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:15 am

Richhh, You're welcome. Anytime :)

Bang, Yup! Petro is a great place to pick up proline. Also, I find it's weird getting proline at esso while using a cibc petro MasterCard though ... Lol.

Red.