Two issues

Questions, suggestion and tips regarding the use of the ProlineParlayMaker program
ChinMusic

Two issues

Post by ChinMusic » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:57 pm

1) Today for NHL Point Spread, Parlay Maker chose 33V even though the edge was on 33H.

2) Parlay Maker play list includes games that have already started. I tried changing the time in the "Generate Play List" box but that did not help. It is still showing me soccer games that started at 2:45.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Re: Two issues

Post by ProlinePlayer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi Chin,

I'm glad to have your input on the program.

#1 is hard to address - I would have to see it happen at the time to find the problem if one exists. To be honest I have never seen it make an error like this.
However ;) I'll try to guess what probably happened here. When you say the edge was on 33H I assume that you are taking the edge from the web page and it showed 33H as the better play. What probably happened here was a change in the line from the visit team being a slight favourite to the home team being a slight favourite. The program was probably still accessing the data from the previous web page. If you look at the bottom-right in the status bar it shows the time of the last update.
Go to the menu bar and under 'Options/' check that both 'Download Odds On Start' and 'Auto Download Odds' are checked. The program will frequently check that it has the latest version but it is possible that a slight lag can occur. If this worries yo,u you can be sure of having the latest version by clicking 'Tools/Download Payout Odds'

#2 Would this be a case of having Generated a list earlier in the day when these games were still available? If so the 'Generate List' button by default does not remove anything from the list. It will adjust the values for items already there and add any additional plays which meet the Minimum edge and time criteria. I did not have it remove plays because there may be cases were I would want to keep the play even if it did not meet the criteria.
A couple of simple solutions. Manually delete the plays that have passed the start time. Hit the 'Clear' button first. Or go to the menu bar and check 'Play List/Generate Play List/Clear List First'

PLP

ChinMusic

Post by ChinMusic » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks, I will keep those solutions in mind. I can't be sure exactly of the sequence for the first problem, but if I see it again I will let you know.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:57 pm

ChinMusic wrote:
2) Parlay Maker play list includes games that have already started. I tried changing the time in the "Generate Play List" box but that did not help. It is still showing me soccer games that started at 2:45.
In the latest update I've added an option to remove 'started' games from the list.

PLP