ParlayMaker Printing Help

Questions, suggestion and tips regarding the use of the ProlineParlayMaker program
bangminton

ParlayMaker Printing Help

Post by bangminton » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 am

Hey PLP (or anyone else who knows how to fix this): I am having trouble printing slips from home and am wondering if you could lend a hand?

Here are what I have and what I have tried

- Printer is Multifunction Brother MFC-J425W and does show up in the ParlayMaker Print Panel

- Based on your old posts in the old BigTip.ca forum, I put the PointSpread slips in vertically in the paper tray and set the following values for alignment (Move Down = 50.9 and Move Right = 1.4. These values seem consistent for Brother printers so I thought I'd give that a try)

- I generated 2 combos just to try it out and selected *By Cash* in the drop down box and put 2 to print out tickets with $2 wager

- I got an error message on the printer saying *Wrong Paper Size - Reload Correct Paper then press Start* so I went into Printing Preferences and change the paper size to User-Defined and use the PointSpread slip measurement of 4.125 inches wide and 8 inches high.

- Same error message so I take that it's just a matter of fiddling around with the paper settings

Pls let me know if there's anything I might have missed.

Thanks.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Re: ParlayMaker Printing Help

Post by ProlinePlayer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Reason I haven't replied earlier is that I've not had that error message in the past and don't have a solution.

Unfortunately, the printer being listed in the print panel does not mean anything. It simply lists all printers attached to your computer so that you can select the one to use for the next print job.

If I recall correctly, I believe that I did purchase a printer in the Brother MFC line at one point and was not able to get it working properly for ticket printing. Some printers, are not able to handle the paper feed for small paper sizes. Something to check in the manual - can envelopes be fed in using the tray or do they have to be inserted manually? - this will often tell you if the proline slips will work.

Also it should not be necessary to set the paper size - the program should handle setting the printer to expect the slip size. Of course, printers tend to be difficult to program for as they do not all act the same, so trying to set this manually if things are not working correctly can certainly not hurt.

Sorry I can't be more help at this time. Hopefully someone else has had this message and will chime in.

PLP

bangminton

Re: ParlayMaker Printing Help

Post by bangminton » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Thanks for chiming in, PLP. I played with different settings for a bit but couldn't get it to work and I needed the printer to do other stuff so I took a break on this experiment, for now.

Nice little unit that does what it's supposed to do quite well (fax, scan, copy, print wirelessly). It's also supposed to print envelopes (they can be fed in the tray, per the manual) but I have not tried that yet.

I may look at getting one of the printers you listed in the sticky thread, just for this purpose.

Thanks again.