Some printer settings

Questions, suggestion and tips regarding the use of the ProlineParlayMaker program
ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Some printer settings

Post by ProlinePlayer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:48 pm

I thought it might be handy to start a thread listing some printers that have been used successfully and the alignment settings.

This would be very helpful for new users as setting this up the first time can be very annoying.

I've gone through a ton of printers over the last 10 years. At one point I had a computer dedicated for this task with 6 laser printers attached!

Here's a list to get things started and I'll try to find/add some more later.

........ Proline Pointspread Printer Down Right Down Right Brother HL-2030 50.8 1.5 50.6 1.1 Brother HL-2140 51.6 1.2 50.9 1.8 Brother HL-5250DN 51.1 1.3 50.9 1.8 Brother HL-5370DW 0.0 1.4 -1.5 2.2 HP LaserJet P2050 -1.0 1.0 -1.0 1.6 Xerox Phaser 4510B -2.8 3.2 -3.0 3.0

I've found the Brother Laser printers (black ink only) to be excellent for this job. They're relatively cheap and print reasonably fast.

If anyone has a different printer in use, why not add it here along with the alignment settings, to help out new users.

Thanks,

PLP

bangminton

Re: Some printer settings

Post by bangminton » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:27 am

I picked up a cheap HL-2040 Brother over the weekend and played with it for a bit. Here are the settings that I found work well for me

Move Down: 50.0
Move Right: 1.1

Make sure you slide the paper indicators on the tray to their respective position to fit the PointSpread slips. It just takes some trial and error, that's all. I have not tested the ProLine slips but will post the settings when I do.

Thanks to PLP for the tips!

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:28 pm

I finally printed some ProLine slips today and the following #s worked well for me (Brother HL-2040)

Move Down: 50.4
Move Right: 1.5

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi guys,

Just bought a printer on sale... and while there's no baseball, might as well do a bit fine tuning for the 2nd half.

Brother HL-2270DW
Regular
move down -0.4375
move right 1.054
pointspread
move down -0.25
move right 0.5

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Kaboshed wrote:Can someone tell me how to fill in the printer field next to Print All, By Cash, and by Lot Size? I'm playing with it but can't really figure out how these fields work. Thank you!
I usually use the printer to print out a bunch of parlays with the same bet size so I put the desired amount in the Fixed Bet Size column at the bottom left hand corner and then simply select Print All.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:55 am

Kaboshed wrote:Can someone tell me how to fill in the printer field next to Print All, By Cash, and by Lot Size? I'm playing with it but can't really figure out how these fields work. Thank you!
This setting tells the program how many actual tickets you want printed. For most player I would guess that setting this to 'print all' would probably do.

An example of other uses would be if you have a large list and the tickets are going to several stores. Each store is different and batches are printed accordingly. First I have store a. He allows me to play for $2300 so I select 'by cash' and enter that value. The tickets are printed and I bundle them for taking to store a. Store b only allows me to buy $900 so I now change the value to 900 and hit continue print. And so on.....

PLP

Kaboshed

Post by Kaboshed » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks PLP that helped alot.

Now I'm running into problems with my printer. The ticks its printing out are becoming erratic so much so that one ticket the ticks will be inside the box then it will print out one that is outside the box that it is not readable by the machine at the store.

I have the Brother 2270-DW its a month old. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know, it is a real pain. Im thinking possible has something to do with the printer alignment itself I'm not sure. The problem also seems to get worse as the paper tray starts to get less full. Like it will start out ticking right in the box but on say ticket 50 it starts to get erratic.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:24 am

Kaboshed wrote:Thanks PLP that helped alot.

Now I'm running into problems with my printer. The ticks its printing out are becoming erratic so much so that one ticket the ticks will be inside the box then it will print out one that is outside the box that it is not readable by the machine at the store.

I have the Brother 2270-DW its a month old. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know, it is a real pain. Im thinking possible has something to do with the printer alignment itself I'm not sure. The problem also seems to get worse as the paper tray starts to get less full. Like it will start out ticking right in the box but on say ticket 50 it starts to get erratic.

I believe that someone else is using the same printer so perhaps he could chime in with some thoughts here. Does this printer work well for our purposes?

Aside for that all I can really do is give some basic common sense type tips. But never the less maybe some things worth a double check.

1/ Use NEW slips. This is big. Do not just grab the slips out of the stand. Once you get to know the store guy a bit you should be able to ask him for the a package(s) of slips. Or just help yourself - they're usually stored in the door at the bottom of the OLG stand - I just open it up and root around in there for what I need - no-one usually says anything.

2/ Fan the edges of the slips before putting them in the printer. Make sure that they will separate easily. A lot of the problems I've found are just caused by the slips not coming apart smoothly as they are printed.

3/ Really obvious but make sure to square them up a best as possible.

4/ Make sure that the paper tray's guide/size rails are snug against the edges of the slips so theat they will not move around in there.

Basic I know. Anyone else have anything they can add?

PLP

Kaboshed

Post by Kaboshed » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks PLP, seems to be working better now, I think fanning them out alot before putting them in is what is helping.