Trouble with Feb 1 version

Questions, suggestion and tips regarding the use of the ProlineParlayMaker program
ChinMusic

Trouble with Feb 1 version

Post by ChinMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:51 pm

I installed the Feb 1 version of Parlaymaker, and it will no longer run. Have tried rebooting, reinstalling, no success. When I run the program, there is no error message, but also no response. Nothing happens.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with Feb 1 version

Post by ProlinePlayer » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:33 am

I'll start off with a sort of generic handling of this problem. Chin has been around and I'm sure he's tried these things but I'll go through these for anyone facing this problem.

Over the years I've tried to make the installation and running of the program foolproof for any system. This has not been easy and I've a lot of respect for people who do this for a living. It's one thing to write a program for your own use but quite different to write a program that will run smoothly on a different system. One finds all sorts of unexpected problems.

Updates to the program are designed to install over older versions and after the update everything should continue as normal. In theory. If this does not work then try for a totally clean install.

1/ Remove the current version of the program by using the computer's Control Panel uninstall a program routine.
2/ Go the your documents folder and delete the 'ProlinePlayer' folder.

Now go to the web page and try for a fresh install.

I'll continue this later ....

PLP