Parlaymaker Problem

Questions, suggestion and tips regarding the use of the ProlineParlayMaker program
Opportunist

Parlaymaker Problem

Post by Opportunist » Fri May 03, 2013 6:07 am

Anybody else having problems with Parlaymaker. I can't open it, so I deleted the program and tried to reinstall it without success. PLP, am I doing something wrong?

bangminton

Re: Parlaymaker Problem

Post by bangminton » Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 am

Working fine for me with the newest version, Opp, 1.3.5.0

GL today!

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Fri May 03, 2013 6:33 am

Opportunist wrote:Anybody else having problems with Parlaymaker. I can't open it, so I deleted the program and tried to reinstall it without success. PLP, am I doing something wrong?
Try this,

Go to your documents folder and delete the folder 'ProlinePlayer' in case there is a file in there causing the problem. The try installing the program from the web page again.

If that still does not do it let me know and I'll fix things somehow. :D

PLP

Opportunist

Post by Opportunist » Fri May 03, 2013 6:39 am

Thanks for the quick reply PLP. Did just that, deleted the program from documents. Then tried to save and run it. It started off quickly with the box saying it is checking things, and will be a few minutes, then the box disappears, and nothing starts to download. In the past, it does it very quickly.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Fri May 03, 2013 6:58 am

Just tested the install on my machine and it work smoothly.

Just to be clear, when I said remove the folder, I didn't mean the folder that program is in, but there's also a folder in your 'MyDocuments' folder called 'ProlinePlayer' which the program uses to store temporary data, you should see some *.dat files and *.set files and other things like that. Just to be sure we're talking about the same one.

When I click the install button Firefox downloads a small file called 'setup.exe' Running that should start the install with the usual warnings about can't verify publisher, etc, etc.

When install the program one of the first things it does is to create the folder 'ProlinePlayer'. Does this happen?

PLP

Opportunist

Post by Opportunist » Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 am

Yes, I checked inside the folder itself under Documents and saw all those files that you alluded to. I deleted that program.

It did create the folder ProlinePlayer again, but when I try and click on "Proline Parlay Maker Online Support" I get the dreaded Not Found page, saying that it was not found on this server and additionally, a 404 Not Found Error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

When I click on the Proline Parlay Maker itself from my Start - Programs it doesn't activate at all.

Again, when I click on Install, I get the Pop-up asking me if I want to run or save setup.exe (463 KB) from www.prolineplayer.com and I have tried them all, run right away, save, save and run, I even saved it to my desktop and tried to run it, no luck. I get the pop-up box quickly it is checking things, and it disappears right away.

This is very weird. How does it go from working to not working. I didn't change anything as far as I know.

Any troubleshooting thoughts PLP, I am open to it.

leoj

Post by leoj » Fri May 03, 2013 7:53 am

Same problem, uninstalled and reinstalled, didnt fix it.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Fri May 03, 2013 11:26 am

I've tested this on 3 different computers and not had a problem. But I realise that means little. Some difference in the configuration could change everything.

I'll keep looking at this but for now here's an attempt to work around the issue.

http://www.prolineplayer.com/Downloads/ ... er1350.zip

Download and save the file. After decompressing the archive run the file 'ProlineParlayMaker.application'

Let me know if this installs the program correctly.

PLP

Opportunist

Post by Opportunist » Fri May 03, 2013 11:33 am

ProlinePlayer wrote:I've tested this on 3 different computers and not had a problem. But I realise that means little. Some difference in the configuration could change everything.

I'll keep looking at this but for now here's an attempt to work around the issue.

http://www.prolineplayer.com/Downloads/ ... er1350.zip

Download and save the file. After decompressing the archive run the file 'ProlineParlayMaker.application'

Let me know if this installs the program correctly.

PLP
PLP, thanks for looking into it so promptly. It was real painful this morning getting my Point Spread tickets in without it. Unfortunately, no luck following your instructions. Maybe it works for Leo, and if so, then I know I did something wrong.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Fri May 03, 2013 11:56 am

Could someone else let me know if the program installed correctly on their computer.

The current version is 1.3.5.0. If you check on the program under the menu bar 'Help/About' it has the version number.

Thanks

PLP