The NEW Proline+

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
Biffalo Buff

Re: The NEW Proline+

Post by Biffalo Buff » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:29 pm

Hey Bang. One could get a lot of money down on Burrow under 11.5 at 1.75 odds at retail outlets but I don't think there is an edge there. Or if there is, you could bet better odds elsewhere. I unfortunatly haven't found a single Proline+ In-Store advantage play. There could of course be much that I am missing. Despite my best efforts years earlier I convinced myself that there was no edge to be had playing NFL pools. Yet leoj stated in the other thread that there is (or at the very least was). So I missed that and I'm trying to use this as a reminder to look harder.

Biffalo Buff

Post by Biffalo Buff » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:38 pm

I hesitated to post this next bit because I don't want to be judged as a whiner by my fellow forum members but I will swallow my pride and post - judge away friends.

I decided to whine by filing a complaint with the Ombudsman of Ontario.

After getting my bets limited I tried to obtain more information from Proline+ player support. I probably would have let it go if I got a simple response along the lines of "we reserve the right to limit the bet sizes of some players and we have decided to limit your bet sizes". But that's not the response I got. At least not at first. Instead I got email after email after email of "we have not limited your betting, we do not discriminate against players, all players can bet an equal amount, etc. etc. etc." There were numerous emails and online chats with support flat out denying I had lower bet limits than other players. I wasn't sure if it was miscommunication, insufficient training of staff, or perhaps that they just really didn't want to put in writing that they do discriminate among players. Finally they acknowledged that my bet sizes were limited and that their terms and conditions allow them to do so.

I was annoyed by their complete lack of transparency. So I decided to whine about it. I submitted a complaint to the Ontario Ombudsman. I complained that when OLG limited my bet sizes this was a form of discrimination. Specifically, I was concerned that I was discrominated against without being given a reason, and that a provincial government organization should not be allowed to discriminiate against individuals without giving a reason. I spoke with an employee at the Ombudsman's Office, was asked about my concern, and ended up sharing the emails I received.

I was expecting to hear back that OLG followed their terms and conditions, or that limiting players is industry standard practice. Instead I heard that it was a concern to their office that OLG was treating individuals differently. I was also told however that their office couldn't do any more unless the problem was more widespread. I asked if it would be helpful for others to share similar experiences and I was told that that would be very helpful.

So if you have had your bets limited, and if you agree with the philosophy that government organizations should not be allowed to discriminate without providing a reason, I would encourage you to submit a complaint to the Ontario Ombudsman. Before you do, consider asking support: Am I able to bet less than other players? Why am I not able to bet as much as other players? If their response is something along the lines of "Because our terms say we can do whatever we want" then pass that along with your complaint.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:59 pm

Its so annoying Biff. Its hard not to whine .I believe they are going to get a ton of bad press for this and eventually change. When I tell someone this is what the industry does most times comes off unbelievable . I will send a email over to OLG as well.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:29 pm

Biffalo Buff wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:29 pm
Hey Bang. One could get a lot of money down on Burrow under 11.5 at 1.75 odds at retail outlets but I don't think there is an edge there. Or if there is, you could bet better odds elsewhere. I unfortunatly haven't found a single Proline+ In-Store advantage play. There could of course be much that I am missing. Despite my best efforts years earlier I convinced myself that there was no edge to be had playing NFL pools. Yet leoj stated in the other thread that there is (or at the very least was). So I missed that and I'm trying to use this as a reminder to look harder.
No worry Buff, I saw rich's screenshot of playing Joe Burrow Under 11.5 Rushing Yards paying 1.75 so I wasn't sure if he/you were experimenting with the limit for that Props on ProLine+ or if you guys genuinely saw an edge but couldn't put a lot down, due to limit restrictions.

NFL Pools is still around, if you want to dabble next season. I have heard conflicting reports about no limit for Pools and now $500/person/store/day for Pools. I do know the overall Pot has been significantly reduced this past season, going from a high of $800K+/week to about $400K+/week or thereabout. Will see if the weekly pot will go up next season now that the limit has been lifted/increased.

zoo99

Post by zoo99 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:41 pm

It also appears that they are going to be cracking down on the $100 limit. A store I frequent got a call yesterday. Funny thing is now that there is dynamic odds you think they would relax the enforcement of that rule not get more stringent.
I know for the over the last two years I could play daily or several times a week $500 in tickets in one shot at one store and hit multiple stores in a row. I had over a dozen stores close by that I could do this in. I never even had to wait between tickets. I could run a several thousand in tickets in 30 mins,same combo, was great while it lasted.

zoo99

Post by zoo99 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:45 pm

bangminton wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:29 pm
Biffalo Buff wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:29 pm
No worry Buff, I saw rich's screenshot of playing Joe Burrow Under 11.5 Rushing Yards paying 1.75 so I wasn't sure if he/you were experimenting with the limit for that Props on ProLine+ or if you guys genuinely saw an edge but couldn't put a lot down, due to limit restrictions.

NFL Pools is still around, if you want to dabble next season. I have heard conflicting reports about no limit for Pools and now $500/person/store/day for Pools. I do know the overall Pot has been significantly reduced this past season, going from a high of $800K+/week to about $400K+/week or thereabout. Will see if the weekly pot will go up next season now that the limit has been lifted/increased.
I can confirm I saw with my own eyes, a print out message to the retailer from the terminal on OLG paper that stated $500 per person per day per store.

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:30 pm

Damn, every one is equal per OLG, it's just some are more equal than others.

sharpedgepicks

Post by sharpedgepicks » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:49 pm

The limit thing is disgusting.

But I wonder if it’s true.

I went to a retail stores and couldn’t bet mixon for $100 to win sb mvp. Paid $3400 and then got an LLE message - unless they knew it was me and profiled me?

Maybe they are just running a super small shop?

I taught Gambling Law and know people at AGCO. If anyone wants to discuss this in greater detail email me harley@sharpedgepicks.Com. I can also send you the pic of the LLE - couldn’t attach it here for some reason.

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:09 pm

sharpedgepicks wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:49 pm
The limit thing is disgusting.

But I wonder if it’s true.

I went to a retail stores and couldn’t bet mixon for $100 to win sb mvp. Paid $3400 and then got an LLE message - unless they knew it was me and profiled me?

Maybe they are just running a super small shop?

I taught Gambling Law and know people at AGCO. If anyone wants to discuss this in greater detail email me harley@sharpedgepicks.Com. I can also send you the pic of the LLE - couldn’t attach it here for some reason.
Sharp, did you use a QR code to do this?

From my last two days experience, you can only do it up to a max $100 per QR code. Say you have a code for $50 then you can only use it twice.
Otherwise you'll have to write it out in the sheet to get around it.

Red.

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:12 pm

Oops this is for Props, sorry, so you can't use a sheet for this, but perhaps you could get another barcode then?