The NEW Proline+

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
richhhh

Re: The NEW Proline+

Post by richhhh » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:22 pm

sharpedgepicks wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:49 pm
The limit thing is disgusting.

But I wonder if it’s true.

I went to a retail stores and couldn’t bet mixon for $100 to win sb mvp. Paid $3400 and then got an LLE message - unless they knew it was me and profiled me?

Maybe they are just running a super small shop?

I taught Gambling Law and know people at AGCO. If anyone wants to discuss this in greater detail email me harley@sharpedgepicks.Com. I can also send you the pic of the LLE - couldn’t attach it here for some reason.

We maybe should have a proline+ (online) thread and the new proline ( in store)thread

About the limited of accounts we are referencing the Proline+( online) and its not a question if its true. It is true without question. A non limited account can bet on almost everything to win around 1k/2k etc... We realize sometimes whoever you are the site might be wonky and say you cannot bet things we are not referencing this .We our caped to win dollars on everything allways including the coin flip for superbowl.( 6$ is my limit)

givaldo69

Post by givaldo69 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:20 pm

just curious, are you guys finding values in playing proline?

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:30 pm

givaldo69 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:20 pm
just curious, are you guys finding values in playing proline?
Huge list including many events occurring a few days ahead but I am not seeing much value, if at all, givaldo

https://proline.olg.ca/media/fqepx3z0/r ... _en_ca.pdf

You can bet on SCR totals but you can't parlay with the draw.

If you guys see other angles that I might have missed, I am all ears...

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:20 pm

Pretty much all markets that are not a spread or total on a major sport are not on the in store event list . There is no number to pencil in for these events so QR code is needed which means you have to use the app to generate that. What I gather the intentions is to make it so you have to log into the app to create a QR code so then you would need many accounts to run over the limits of $100 per store. The benefit for someone who does not care about limits however would be you could pay with the balance on your account in store maybe?
Biff I have tried twice on online chat to ask about my account. It does not appear there is any support via the chat today as it just spins and spins and no one comes to the chat. It somehow does not surprise me there is nothing mentioning wait time or try again later type thing.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:40 pm

When a line moves your QR code will say accept or whatever before you scan again which is a good feature.

kbet

Post by kbet » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:00 pm

red_falcon wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:09 pm
sharpedgepicks wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:49 pm
The limit thing is disgusting.

But I wonder if it’s true.

I went to a retail stores and couldn’t bet mixon for $100 to win sb mvp. Paid $3400 and then got an LLE message - unless they knew it was me and profiled me?

Maybe they are just running a super small shop?

I taught Gambling Law and know people at AGCO. If anyone wants to discuss this in greater detail email me harley@sharpedgepicks.Com. I can also send you the pic of the LLE - couldn’t attach it here for some reason.
Sharp, did you use a QR code to do this?

From my last two days experience, you can only do it up to a max $100 per QR code. Say you have a code for $50 then you can only use it twice.
Otherwise you'll have to write it out in the sheet to get around it.

Red.
What would it take to get the daily limit increased? For example, Western Canada Lottery Corp. limit is $250, and has been for years from what I understand.

Also, I was investigating the new QR codes, and it looks like they are tracking the device you generate your picks with, plus they have an identifier for mobile app vs. website.

givaldo69

Post by givaldo69 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:50 pm

thanks bang/richhhh
im not planning to use the app...i compared wknd soccer odds and nothing there, in fact online pays abit more than in store (possibly due to store commissions). I just dont like the new system at all...may just play occasional soccer ticket for entertainment...

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:24 pm

givaldo69 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:50 pm
thanks bang/richhhh
im not planning to use the app...i compared wknd soccer odds and nothing there, in fact online pays abit more than in store (possibly due to store commissions). I just dont like the new system at all...may just play occasional soccer ticket for entertainment...
Have a look at the Super Bowl Props, givaldo. There are some discrepancies between OLG lines and Pinny lines, as we speak e.g. Akers Rushing Yards, Mixon Rushing Yards, Kupp Receiving Yards, among others.

With the game still more than a week away, lines can and will change, so I have not put much down yet. Just thought I'd throw it out there, in case you want to dig deeper.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:24 am

red_falcon wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:12 pm
Oops this is for Props, sorry, so you can't use a sheet for this, but perhaps you could get another barcode then?
red, I was able to use the same barcode to run 2 $100 tickets for NBA PS, within a few minutes of each other.

I will try with Props once I identify something that has solid value, we got lots of time until the Big Game :)

Biffalo Buff

Post by Biffalo Buff » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:04 pm

Hey Bang. You are absolutely right that there are discrepancies between OLG and Pinnacle for Superbowl Props. Even a few days ago the selection was worse, and the odds were worse too. OLG is now giving the same odds for in-store play as they were for online play for the Superbowl. Before it felt so discouraging considering betting in-store when the exact same bet was available online with better odds (if perhaps a lower limit). But now it certainly is worth a goodlook, and I think you have found some values as you posted.

I had wondered if in-store betting, which forces you to use your phone for many bets, was designed to encourage players to move online. They make it so easy to compare the in-store odds to the online odds. When players do compare they will see there is more selection and better odds for just about every bet they would otherwise be making in-store.

The improved Superbowl odds was perhaps done because of what I am guessing is a dramatic drop in in-store proline sales overall. The odds can't last as the margin on many of the Superbowl bets ranges from around four to seven percent. They have the coin toss at 1.91 / 1.91. So after retalier commissions OLG is already underwater. They are shooting themselves in the foot by disallowing any same-game parlays. Without parlays they are limiting their edge against every bettor to 7% or so. It seems they have gone so far to discourage any kind of advantage play that they have given up on the idea of running a profitable in-store product.