The NEW Proline+

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

The NEW Proline+

Post by ProlinePlayer » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:18 am

Quite a change in the proline site this morning!

My first impressions .....

The layout is very impressive. They must have paid a lot top have this done as the web design is way beyond anything they have done in the past.

What a wide select of betting opportunities. Again, they must be sub contracting out the setting of options and lines. Either another book is involved or some firm that sets lines for books.

Although the vig has been improved its still way to high to be competitive with online books. Assuming the lines are updated through the day, all you have is offshore lines with outrageous vig.

Not sure how well this printing of a bar code and taking it to the store is going to work. For the casual bettor is seems like a lot of bother. What about the guy picking up cigarettes who decides he might as well grab a proline ticket while he's there? Or some guys sitting in the pub talking sports and want to fill out a few slips and dash across the street to play them? And I know this is hard to believe but .... I know people who play proline, but you know what - they do not have a computer!

More later :)

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Re: The NEW Proline+

Post by ProlinePlayer » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:37 am

Also noticed that creating a bet slip does not allow 2 selections from the same game.
For example you cannot parlay the Panthers to win and the Panthers game under. If you try it alerts you that this is not a valid combination.

PLP

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:15 am

Yes this is in line with other places like ALC as well.
First thing I tried is the soccer T UN combo lol and obviously a no go.

prt

Post by prt » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:30 am

hi, ALC QR code looks straightforward, game number, selection. With OLG more complicated, no game numbers.

But if they(OLG) still have slips (do they keep them as of today? didnt have a chance to stop at conv store yet) and PDF file (updatetable every 30min?) with corresponding number for each game, should be not bad to program all this and back in business :D

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:54 pm

They still have slips . The store owners can print a list but there are alot of print lists for instance one for nhl/nba etc...

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:56 pm

this is the in-store printable list. It's pretty garbage though, and odds can move anytime...

https://proline.olg.ca/media/dcveetiz/r ... _en_ca.pdf

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:00 pm

richhhh wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:54 pm
They still have slips . The store owners can print a list but there are alot of print lists for instance one for nhl/nba etc...
yes i see that now

prt

Post by prt » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:12 pm

so, if they have slips, so its just matter of downloading pdf file every 30 min, extract info, and way you go, continue same as before :D

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:33 pm

I believe MattyKGB mentioned this before, but Betstamp will have comparisons between Proline+ and various other online places like Pinnacle.
Very useful!

Red. =)

LordCC

Post by LordCC » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:57 pm

red_falcon wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:33 pm
I believe MattyKGB mentioned this before, but Betstamp will have comparisons between Proline+ and various other online places like Pinnacle.
Very useful!

Red. =)
I never heard about Betstamp & thanks for bringing it to my attention. Do you know if it's free to register? Or do you have to pay?