ProlinePlayer.com update

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
Biffalo Buff

Re: ProlinePlayer.com update

Post by Biffalo Buff » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:58 pm

I would love to add my thanks to PLP and the community here.

PLP thank you so much for this website, for the Parlay Maker, and for this forum.

I first heard of Proline watching a special on CBC about the LeBlanc brothers and their success with the lottery. Some time later I was comparing odds in the newspaper to what was offered by OLG and betting toonies. But back then I had neither time nor a bankroll and it was just a fleeting hobby. I can't remember exactly why I came back 6 or so years ago but I did. And this forum has been incredible. After a bad beat, checking this forum to see that Pedge has typed out a rant somehow made the loss sting a little less. And everyone winning together on big edge days made the wins a little sweeter.

I have learned a lot from everyone here. It has been great to bounce ideas off of you all. Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories, experiences, adverntures, and misadventures when it comes to running Proline tickets. It has been a lot of fun. I hope this forum stays active as it is a great place. Again, thanks to you all.

givaldo69

Post by givaldo69 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:22 pm

I too would like to thank PLP for his site and services he provided to us for many years. I was just an occasional weekend player (mainly soccer and hockey) till i found bigtip and learned all about edges. the experience of playing edges, making runs to stores 2-3-4 times a day and all the excitement has been alot of fun while it lasted. i also like to thank many contributors to this forum as well as i learned so much from, guys that were mentioned in other posts. it seems to me that this new system may cut olgs revenue, i know so many people who played props strictly and now its gone (i just dont understand logic behind that)....anyways, im willing to give it sometimes to see if there are opportunities to play...

LuckyLuke

Post by LuckyLuke » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:02 pm

Thanks a bunch to PLP and all the regular contributors on here over the years.

It has been a heckuva ride, one that in retrospect I probably should have exited a little sooner as the getting hasn't been as good the past 18 months or so.

Some days I might have spent upwards of 45 to 90 minutes a day burning up my local stores entire daily limits on proline (with a little help from some friends ;) ). I'm gonna have a lot more free time on my hands it looks like going forward. Maybe I'll take up guitar...yoga...hiking...spend more time with my wife LOL

Stay safe and be well, gang.

And may all your wagers be winners, wherever you place them ;) ;) :D :D ;) ;)

PS1

Post by PS1 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:49 pm

OriginalOpportunist wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:57 am
Life will be forever changing now, and how and where to pivot to is still T.B.A.

Thank you PLP for all you have done over the many years. I had worked in the 90's with an engineer to create the Sports Lottery Aid to rotate games and print them out, but you took it to a completely amazing level with that and most importantly the live odds updates every 15-20 minutes.

Matty, thanks for the mention, and back then The Big Tip had ProSelector and Bob (Robert) who started the site up.

Opp
Hi All,

Certainly the end to an era of profitable betting!

Thanks for the shout out Opp! I started way back in the mid 90s initially sending out email picks and then together with you Opp and Bob, we started The Big Tip, which gave way to Proline Player. Looked through some of our old emails, good times! Also, nice to see the evolution there as I started having less time and only played occasionally. Loved the way ProlinePlayer was setup, made some good money using it along the way, and recently had great success with Props (although almost every time I posted on the board my pics lost, haha).
Over the years, I saw much more opportunity in the stock market so concentrated my spare time there and was extremely successful. But I never lost the interest in picking up some tickets on edges with ProlinePlayer!

By the way PLP - just like Opp, you can keep my funds as well ;)

Well looks like the Proline era is now over - there is really no point in dropping a ticket on the Leafs at 1.33 (or NJ at 2.85) if I can get odds for the Leafs 1.40 (or NJ 3.10) on 365 and combine with props etc!!

Not really sure what OLG is thinking as this is not going to work.

Cheers all and best of luck,

PS1 (ProSelector)
ps1@rocketmail.com

zoo99

Post by zoo99 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:07 pm

I too just want to chime in and thank PLP and all great players/posters here who have made the ride that much more enjoyable/profitable. It really is a shame what they’ve done and I’m not sure at the retail level it is going to work out for them so maybe just maybe one day we will get our “coke classic” moment and have some sort of reincarnation of the true and trusted proline of the last 30+ years.

kappa

Post by kappa » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:22 pm

Thanks to PLP and everyone here and at BigTip over the years. Truly has been a pleasure to share this experience with you all. We were so lucky to have this opportunity for long.

PLP, your website and Parlay Maker were amazing resources and time savers. I have learned so much from your site and could not accept a refund.

It was great while it lasted but sad to see it go. Wishing everyone all the best for now and hope this forum remains. Thanks to all.

Thatguy

Post by Thatguy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:29 am

Hey guys, this is a sad day for all of us, I've been apart of proline player for 5 years now. I've learned so much valuable information it's unbelievable, thank you so much for everything. I'm glad to be part of your community even though you guys don't know me LOL I'm 32 years old born 89. I remember playing proline in grade 8!! I'm gonna miss it. I can't believe they let us bet edges for all this time. Thank you everyone so much, hopefully one day I will meet you guys to thank you in person... Who knows maybe one day we'll run into each other in Niagra. (too bad they took out the sports betting section)... Once again thank you for your help, I joined the party late but at least I showed up ;) thank you everyone once again .. hopefully we can find another way to cash in on these suckers

pacer

Post by pacer » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:05 am

Gents, I want to pipe in as well. It has been a heck of a good run. I remember getting on a winning streak playing soccer years ago and my wife said to me "you are on to something here". Lots of downs but way more ups like so many on here and that is a huge shout out to this site and everyone on here for sharing ideas. Correlations in props was bombs away!! One final memory was when my wife and I went to Thompson Manitoba as our first grandson was born. I slipped out to the corner store and wagered $280 on March Madness. Over $10k profit was the result the next day. God bless the edges!!! Cheers everyone and all the best to everyone!!

LuckyLuke

Post by LuckyLuke » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:30 am

pacer wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:05 am
I slipped out to the corner store and wagered $280 on March Madness. Over $10k profit was the result the next day. God bless the edges!!!
Lots of fond memories and some bad beats along the way.

I recall rotating a bunch of hockey dogs on my way to a Sabres game several years back. Played them with 6 CBK ties. The Sabres won a nail biter and the out-of-town scoreboard went perfectly with a couple 2.7 plays coming in.

I didn’t have a smart phone then, and on the drive home I was thinking to myself that if just 2 of the CBK ties happened I’d have a tidy profit.

Got home, went to the CBK scoreboard and ALL 6 of the CBK ties came in!

Turned a couple hundred into $9000 that night just playing 3 team parlays.

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:02 am

When I first got into this, eons ago, and when they used to have hockey for the entire week printed out on a flyer, hit a 6 underdog teamer $2 won $498. Have never been able to replicate that since haha.