NFL POOLS WEEK 4

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
Hacksaw

NFL POOLS WEEK 4

Post by Hacksaw » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:15 pm

Go figure. Week 2, 5 big dogs 14/15 cashes your ticket. Week 3, 10 dogs, albeit some minor & major ones, but you have 3 winners go perfect. Thought for sure there would of been a single winner.

Again games that could of gone either way. Especially that KC game. Indy should be 0-2-1 but a win is a win. SF/Den shows us that these guys have good D's. Coach Shanahan you have Deebo Samuel, get him the ball. No way to predict dumb coaches in this league.

Pit/Jets For some reason Tomlin has trouble playing the Jets. Don't know what it is but he does. This is a make or break game for Mitch. Wouldn't surprise me to see Picket step in if things dont go well. Jets were flat off a miraculous W in Cle. They have 2 xcellent CB plus a sneaky D. Problem is on O. Should be a low scoring tilt.

AZ/Car Car needed that game. They played a team that don't blitz which was the ticket for QB Mayfield. Mayfiled hates the blitz. Guess what Zona blitzes. Sure, Car Pass D is tremendous but they haven't played a scrambler like QB Murrary. AR should hang with these guys & pull out a close W.

PRIZE POOL $82K so far

PS QB Matt Ryan is 0-4 SU in 4 years playing Sunday before his next game on Thurs.

gsr519

Re: NFL POOLS WEEK 4

Post by gsr519 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:11 pm

Anyone check close to 1 pm what the pot size was?

How can you check the size of the pot after the games kick off?

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:14 pm

gsr519 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:11 pm
Anyone check close to 1 pm what the pot size was?

How can you check the size of the pot after the games kick off?
It was about $445K around 1 p.m. if I recall.

It keeps getting smaller and smaller...not good for Pools players, I don't know how else to put it.

gsr519

Post by gsr519 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:54 pm

Respect for replying

More ppl r playing and losing on daily fantasy and every other parlay site available as it's the pipe dream that seems sooo good.

Apoligize in advance if that's taken a certain way, I was there many years ago

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:03 pm

No worry, just going by what I have seen on other forums and Twitter, there are different reasons why many previous Pools Players no longer contribute their weekly donations

1. The casual players feel like they stand no chance against the individuals and syndicates who spend a ton of $ every week to box games. It is no longer a level playing field, not sure if it ever was, to begin with.

2. Inflation and interest rates

3. Like you alluded to, many players have migrated to other gambling books and platforms. You still have to physically visit a retailer to play Pools and many can't be bothered.