World Cup 2022

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
Hacksaw

World Cup 2022

Post by Hacksaw » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:38 pm

Now that the round robin is over did anyone hit on the tremendous amount of value on some of these games? You know soccer is the one sport where you can manipulate games by not appearing to manipulate the results. Thursday/Friday's game were prime examples. Spain was through, & Spain probably didn't need Germany to advance so a Japan win was in the cards. Same with Brazil. They were through so a Cameroon win was highly likely. Didn't think Portugal would put up a fight cause they too were in but a surprise S. Korea win was another jackpot. Those 3 games were paying 360-1. Sharpedge would of loved that bet.

The biggest stunners were of course Saudi Arabia over Arg 15-1, Japan over Germ 5.75-1, Costa Rica over Japan 5-1, Tunisia over France 9-1, and the above matches. The only thing that kills ya in soccer is the draws but other than that good value. & OLG gave printouts for the entire round robin which was fantastic.

PS Badmington you are a soccer guy, what did you think from a betting perspective.

bangminton

Re: World Cup 2022

Post by bangminton » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:06 am

Hey Hack, good to hear from ya.

I tried to get some conversations going on the forum for Props but it looks like the lads are just off doing their own things now so I don't frequent this forum (and clean up the spam!) as often as I should. It is what it is.

Back to the World Cup, some fantastic games and results so far. I have not played anything, to be honest with you, because I only play ProLine in store and the prices there are 10 cents less than online. I did check a number of games and I don't recall seeing any value. OLG lines were usually worse off than Pinny.

Are you still playing NFL Pools this season? The pot has consistently hovered around the $450K - $470K mark, even after OLG introduced the option to play Pools online. I guess the interest level is just not quite there, like before the changes.