Super Bowl 57

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
Biffalo Buff

Super Bowl 57

Post by Biffalo Buff » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Hello All!

I believe this is the first thread I have started in all the years I have been here.

I wanted to share some Super Bowl props I played via OLG retail.

When the line opened, most books seemed to be treating the "first team to call a timeout" prop as a coin toss. OLG retail has this at Chiefs / Eagles = 1.87 / 1.87. Bet365 has the best odds for this I can find at 1.95/1.95. Other books have moved in favour of the Chiefs.

This season the Chiefs have called the first timeout in 15 out of 19 games. The Eagles have called the first timeout in 7 of 19 games.

I bet Chiefs to call the first timeout at 1.87 already and it is still available at these odds and I think there is good value at this price.

I also played "Will Gronk convert his 3 point field goal kick?" Yes at 1.60 retail proline. It has now dropped to 1.50 though I think it still has value. I haven't found much to compare it to. Yes is 1.63 at SportsInteraction but there is a max bet for me of $33. I can't find this prop on Pinnacle today but read that it used to be available at 1.25.

The closest available at Pinnacle that I found is a parlay with Gronk to make the destiny kick plus either team to win. For example right now Chiefs to win is 2.08 and Chiefs to win and Gronk to make the kick is 2.55. 2.55/2.08 = 1.23. This 1.23 doesn't incorporate any juice. Plus there is no "No" market on Pinnacle so the juice could very well be quite high. Still it was enough for me to bet at 1.60 and I think there is value at 1.50.

All the best to my fellow Proline Players!

kappa

Re: Super Bowl 57

Post by kappa » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:52 am

Hey BB,

I got on the Gronk - Yes train early as well @ 1.60. At that time Pinnacle had odds posted at Yes - 1.29 No - 3.45. I was surprised at how much action OLG was willing to take on this prop and surprised again when it came back online at 1.60 again. It then dropped to 1.50 and is now at 1.43. Pinnacle has since removed this prop from their listings from what I see.

There are a few props I have been trying to click on for days but they will not allow us to play such as Boston Scott U4.5 Rush Attempts and Sky Moore U29.5 Receiving yards.

A few others I have with OLG retail:

SUPER BOWL LONGEST TD U44.5 YDS @ 1.87
J.HURTS U245.5 PASS YDS @ 1.83
J.HURTS U32.5 PASS ATT @ 1.80
K.GAINWELL O16.5 RUSH YDS @ 1.83

Also played KC to call first timeout @ 1.87 after reading your post and checking out odds online. I am seeing this at 1.63 online. OLG is still at 1.87.
Thank you for the heads up on that one.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the game!

pacer

Re: Super Bowl 57

Post by pacer » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:29 pm

Great to see a few posts from a few familiar names!! I tried to get Scott under as well and duh clicked on Gainwell under. Apparently a bet online played is too bad too sad for a refund. I haven't found much value so I appreciate your selections and will tail them. Woke up with gastro flu and the only good news is there was no SB planned so I will suck it up and watch it on the couch (or maybe the washroom :think: ). I did play sacks under so there is my 2 cents worth. Enjoy the game and if you like a cold one have a few on me!!!