Need GB to win Oct. 9 pool. Advice please...

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
pacer

Re: Need GB to win Oct. 9 pool. Advice please...

Post by pacer » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:09 pm

Quite the experience richhhh! Hopefully close the chapter on that BS!! Pal maybe change your handle from richhhh to poorrrr :lol: ! Have a great weekend folks$$$$$

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:40 pm

Did the OPP officer reveal how they were able to track you down, rich? Perhaps a combination of security store cameras, social media profiles, tickets scanned for ProLine Points which is linked to your full name and address etc?

Like you said, they have done this before so I am sure they have all the tools in their arsenal to track people down, if they want to. I wonder what would happen to people in other jurisdictions (neighbouring provinces like QC/MB or bordering states like NY/MI) who are doing the same thing then.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:04 pm

He drove down muitiple times from Beamsville. Gathering pictures and security footage. He showed pictures to store owners and told them to call when they see me. I do not think one did but I cannot know for sure. I have relationships and trust with these store owners and for the most part they were extremely vague with the officer but nevertheless it makes them uncomfortable considering in the past they were always getting in trouble with the old $100 store rule. I called the number myself as I am not laundering money/doing anything illegal like what a waste of time this guy coming from Beamsville to meet me at a store.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:28 pm

I hope OLG re-adjusts the points redemption structure in the New Year, rich. They restocked a certain number of gift cards yesterday and they are still available as of this morning, whereas they would be gone in minutes before.

It will take forever for the *mom-and-pop* ProLine players to accumulate 50K points ($5K worth of tickets) even if they capitalize on the risk-free angle of injured/inactive players and get their $ back but get to keep the points.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:04 pm

Yeah little higher percentage would be nice but 1% seems like it could stay so that is good. The points should be voided for player not in lineup or a push and I imagine OLG is trying to make it so. Its possible the reward percentage goes up a little after they fix that and continue to ban mutiple accounts etc..

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:07 pm

I don't know how they can void the points, rich. Say I put $5K down on a baseball hitter not in the starting lineup. I then immediately scan those 50 tickets, which I subsequently redeem for a $50 MLSE gift card that I use for dinner at Real Sports the same evening.

How are they going to void those points? I will be able to get my $5K back the same evening, if the game finishes early enough, or first thing the morning after.

I personally think OLG has bigger fishes to fry, especially now that their ProLine points have been devalued so much. The people going after these risk-free injury/inactive plays may only do so for their credit card/Petro/Air Miles points anyway, which is completely outside OLG's jurisdiction, to begin with.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:34 pm

Good points Bang. However they could just have pending points till after the game. I know we have to wait 30 mins now to scan which could be a day.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:56 pm

Yep I agree with you this program should be more sustainable, moving forward, and we will take whatever perks they throw us our ways.

I am encouraged to see them offering Uber as a new type of gift cards. Hopefully other retailers will follow suit.

kbet

Post by kbet » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:47 am

who got the Hockey Fantasy Camp?