2023 Year End Review

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
bangminton

2023 Year End Review

Post by bangminton » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:48 am

I ended the year on a positive note as I doubled up my ROI this year, compared to last year.

It has certainly been an eventful year with many online books offering all kind of promos and games for players to bet on. I am still trucking along with OLG in stores (ProLine). Simply put, I lack the self-discipline to make it work online but if you guys can make hay with those books, more power to you!

Wishing you folks (the ones who are still frequenting this little corner of ours!) a prosperous and healthy 2024! May the winners continue to be yours, wherever you may place your bets!

red_falcon

Re: 2023 Year End Review

Post by red_falcon » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:24 am

Same as Bang... I too, ended the year on a positive note to double up.

Certainly there have been opportunities abound for both online and retail, and here's hoping there would be more in the new year ahead.

All the best to everyone for a happy and prosperous 2024!
May the odds be forever in your favor, wherever you place your wagers!

Red. =)

pacer

Post by pacer » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:53 am

Happy New Year to all!! It was tough sledding but built up my Petro and Avion points :lol:

Hacksaw

Post by Hacksaw » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:51 pm

Badman, when the banks are offering you 1-2% interest on your savings, if that, its nice u can double your investment.

POOLS has been a very poor year with only Week 3 being a big week, ie 248K 2 winners. Other than that, a lot of favourites have been winning lowering the pot size. You are right, there are so many books, thnx Doug Ford, that it is hard to keep an eye on things. But sometimes Proline are behind on their odds by 1 or 1.5 points & u get good value.

One thing that I do notice is that Proline parlay odds are dramatically different. The old Proline would set parlay odds on point spread ie 6games = 35x If I parlay 6 games at an average return of 1.6, the result is 16x. That is a big difference. Sometimes I miss the old Proline.

Nevertheless, it is what it is. To all those that play, Cash is King!!!!!!

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:21 pm

Good to hear from you Hack!

I have not touched ProLine in the stores since they introduced the new digital platform (ProLine+). The (usually) 10 cent difference between ProLine, PointSpread and Total in store (ProLine) and online (ProLine+) is too much to overcome for me. I also don't find their ProLine+ odds very competitive so simply put, that's a recipe for disaster.

Plus like you said, the payout structure for PointSpread has changed and not for the better, for us players. I know they introduced the ProLine Points program to lure players back into the stores. That program has run its course so if they want to see more players coming back into the stores (and I hope they are reading this), they need to at least make the ProLine odds the same as those of their online counterpart (ProLine+).

Kaboshed

Post by Kaboshed » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:31 pm

Hope you all are well (most of you at least)

How is olg doing with this new system? I would imagine sales have to be way down.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:13 pm

Kaboshed wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:31 pm
Hope you all are well (most of you at least)

How is olg doing with this new system? I would imagine sales have to be way down.
You can check out OLG Annual Reports here to do a deep-dive. Maybe skip 2020-2021 as COVID shut down professional sports for a good stretch

https://about.olg.ca/reports-and-disclo ... l-reports/