Proline sports wagering limits policy change

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
bangminton

Re: Proline sports wagering limits policy change

Post by bangminton » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:31 am

No worry Ricky. Reports from other players I regularly communicate with on Twitter have been mixed. Some clerks at gas station insist it is $100 per person per day, completely ignoring OLG own rules about $100/outcome.

It will be challenging to argue against those clerks whose priority may not be so much about selling lottery, especially with lineups building behind you and whether the plays you are trying to get down are considered time-sensitive. It may simply be faster to move on to a different nearby store.

What I have been doing is to play $99 ticket and run it multiple times. Not sure if they will eventually catch up to amounts smaller than $100 but this is an *experimentation* period where we have to try different tactics.

Let us know what you come across on your end.

Ricky_Slade

Post by Ricky_Slade » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:06 am

I have a few stores i used to play multiple $100 tix limit me to 1 bet now. Sucks. A few still let me play multiple 100 wagers for now. Wonder how long that will last before they get in trouble from the OLG. The grind continues!!

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:36 pm

Hey Ricky did you try other techniques like playing $99 (or amounts smaller than $100) ticket and try to run them multiple times? Or vary your wager amount so Ticket 1 would be $99, Ticket 2 would $90 etc for the same outcome?

I know that will add time to the process but we do what we can. It's just a matter of time before they implement a technical restriction on the backend and there is not much we can do about it then.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:29 am

Pretty sure when they implement a technical restriction to stop us from running more then $100 it will be just as easy to evade. Maybe easier if they stop bugging minimal wage employees to look for it. What they going to do only allow one bet per store say for the leafs to win tomorrow? Nothing would really surprise me with OLG. Heck they could scrap the new proline and go back to the old way or just end retail Proline entirely. I think they were at least profitable with the old way.
Bunch of stupidity. Such a dramatic change over night with bringing back the limits . Should have done something like Increase the Vig and cap the commission for the stores to 5% up to $500 or whatever.Then take a bet and move the line and all problems are solved.

Ricky_Slade

Post by Ricky_Slade » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:32 pm

Proline is just like any other soft book. They would rather limit +EV bettors than actually be a bookmaker. ie: Take a bet and move the line, like Pinnacle does. These soft books (BET365. mgm, betvictor, betsafe) etc.... make me sick. Betvicktor limited my account after just 8 bets. Absolutely pathetic. And yet OLG had no problems taking $250,000 on slots from a relative of mine over the last year and a bit. They preach responsible gambling which is a load of crap. My relative uses a players card and every slot pull is tracked. Do you think anyone has ever approached her to make sure she isnt gambling above her means? not a chance. I will do everything in my power to continue to take from the OLG. Rant over, sorry. lol

Ricky_Slade

Post by Ricky_Slade » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:33 pm

bangminton wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:36 pm
Hey Ricky did you try other techniques like playing $99 (or amounts smaller than $100) ticket and try to run them multiple times? Or vary your wager amount so Ticket 1 would be $99, Ticket 2 would $90 etc for the same outcome?

I know that will add time to the process but we do what we can. It's just a matter of time before they implement a technical restriction on the backend and there is not much we can do about it then.
Yes. I have done that. Seems to work good.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am

I am sorry to hear what happened to your relative, Ricky. I hope she's getting the help she might need, I know the pull can be very strong.

This is a reason why I decided not to open accounts with online books. I lack the self-discipline to be a profitable bettor and it's just too easy to place bets with the click of a button.

If it works for you guys (and it doesn't impede on your personal family time and/or mental health), I tip my hat to you.