Questions about filling out Proline cards and playing them

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
Pay the Man

Questions about filling out Proline cards and playing them

Post by Pay the Man » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Can't help but wonder when I see all these edge combos permutations (like tonight) .....

1) how long does it actually take you guys to fill out all the cards
b) don't you run into PLG retailers who cap you at $100 / transaction?
iii) do people every lose the!r shit waiting 20 mins behind you in line to buy a pack of gum?

skalba

Re: Questions about filling out Proline cards and playing th

Post by skalba » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Printers do the work for us.

Some go to multiple stores or have deals with owners.

I normally let people go ahead of me if there are others in the store or if it gets busy tell rhe teller to let them go ahead.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:30 pm

1) plp's parlay maker prints them for us. Take a few mins. We rarely get our crayons out to fill out slips
2)Yes
3)We all use common courtesy and let people through also this is a pretty easy process as you your regular store clerks become experienced at it. Today I was able to run thousands of dollars while carrying a one year old by 8am. Got home just in time to drive my other kid to school. Some members here have donkey's they sent out to run all there plays for them.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 pm

PTM, the guys already covered your questions but for #3 I would like to add the following: When I have stacks of slips to run, I usually give the ones with the closest starting time first and depending on the situation, take a step back and let the next person have it and ask the clerk to run the rest of the slips later. This serves 3 purposes for me

1. A chance to check the printed tickets. Mistakes do happen, even with the printer!

2. Give the next person a chance, you don't want to hog the line, especially if said person is in a hurry

3. Avoid any suspicion, both from an OLG LLE and outsider perspective. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the guy in front of you who plunks down hundreds (if not thousands) to be up to something. Unfortunately the Proline landscape has changed significantly over the last few years and the less people know what we do, the better.

My 2 cents.

Pay the Man

Post by Pay the Man » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Wow ... didn't realize the operation in play w/ printers etc. This is the big leagues. LOL
I thought I played a lot and I'm playing maybe a couple hundo / night with OLG but only on 10 slips max.

I should mention I'm not a member of PLP's site but was doing, essentially, the same thing before I found it - i.e., taking advantage of static lines. Only diff is I like to cap a little myself and won't just take every opp based on edge (of course, I would NEVER get my money in with OLG on a bad number).

Good luck guys ... this 3-teamer min bunk is a tough road to hoe

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:20 pm

No worry PTM, there are always different ways (particularly Props) to skin the cat.

Do what you feel most comfortable with and parlays or not, hope to see you at the windows :D

King Kyle

Post by King Kyle » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:20 am

Maybe I am bringing up something that is already been dealt with in the past...

But how are you guys able to hook it up so the Parlay Maker prints them out for you?

I don't see that option anywhere, all I can do is right click and press the print option it only pops up a notepad file with the picks all typed out.

How do you get that to actually print onto the slips?

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:19 pm

King Kyle wrote:Maybe I am bringing up something that is already been dealt with in the past...

But how are you guys able to hook it up so the Parlay Maker prints them out for you?

I don't see that option anywhere, all I can do is right click and press the print option it only pops up a notepad file with the picks all typed out.

When you subscribe to the site this will open up the print function. If you have subscribed and this is still not available then you need to register your subscription to the parlay maker which I believe can be found on the help tab.

King Kyle

Post by King Kyle » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:22 pm

richhhh wrote:
King Kyle wrote:Maybe I am bringing up something that is already been dealt with in the past...

When you subscribe to the site this will open up the print function. If you have subscribed and this is still not available then you need to register your subscription to the parlay maker which I believe can be found on the help tab.
OH man!

Thanks!

I just did that and it is 10x easier now!