Sunday June 9th

Have a good pick for the offshore books. Share it here.
Heckler

Sunday June 9th

Post by Heckler » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Greetings All,

I was invited to post my picks for today. I play parlays only. I believe that if a bettor is able to post wins of 58% or better my system of betting works outstanding for them. I work off excel spreadsheets to incorporate the best value for games and also go off my 'eye' test, how teams look to me, as I watch/study more baseball than anyone else I know.

Each day I set a limit of $250. I might only have one parlay for the whole $250 or I might have as many as 16 different parlay combinations. I understand that my style is not for everyone, however, for me personally this is the best system I could imagine.

I will not post all my combinations of parlays, rather just the games I feel the strongest about and allow others to 'cherry picks' the games. Best wishes all and look forward to being an active member of this forum.

Heckler

Game 1 *Best value of day. Joe Blanton was brutal to start the year, however, in his last 3 starts he has ERA of 2.95 and really has been hitting his spots well. Vegas still riding hard the fact he started 0-7 to start the year and today has completely discounted the fact that Ryan Dempster is 1-4, 6.42 in his last 6 starts, many of which he was taxed his bullpen. +150 is currently the line and I incorporated Angels into 8% of my parlay plays for today.

Game 2 *Pirates. Cubs have been dominated both games of series so far, being no-hit yesterday and day before through the first 5 innings of play. Pittsburgh is a scrappy team that manufactures a great deal of runs. Erwin Jackson is 0-3, 7.13 in his last four starts, not including a short start again White Sox that ended with rain. Locke on other hand has been brilliant with going with a 1.78 in his last 6 starts. I have Pirates in 12% of parlays.

Game 3 *Heat -6. Miami has been in same situation against Chicago and Indiana down 0-1 and responded extremely well both times. San Antonio's defense was outstanding in game 1, however, Miami I believe has found some things on film that I saw as well that bolds well for their offense. The simulators show strong percentage of games are double digit Miami wins and I agree. I played Miami in 10% of parlays.

Game 4 Royals. Astros now are getting too much respect after their 2 week of good baseball. Lucas Harrel is awful, plain and simple. Harrell is 1-4, 6.15 in his last five starts and numbers would be much worst unless he had one quality start mixed in. I live in Houston and follow this team very closely and expect another mediocre performance from this light hitting team. I have KC in 15% of parlays or the max I allow for any one team.

Game 5 FADE CLAY RICHARD. I been involving a strategy that no matter the opponent I simply fade Richard. He does not have MLB stuff right now. 12.24 in his last five starts says enough! I played COL in 15% of parlays or the max I allow for any one team.

Game 6/7 More FADES. Lohse is 0-5, 5.63 in his last seven starts and has been BRUTAL! Dodgers are 0-5 when Magill starts (0-1, 6.75).

I also played STL, under TB/BALT, under Mets.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Re: Sunday June 9th

Post by ProlinePlayer » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Heckler,

Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your post from the proline section to the offshore section as it seems more appropriate here.

Hope you'll continue to post your picks/analysis.

PLP

Arch

Post by Arch » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Thanks for giving Eric (Heckler) a warm welcome to the forums PLP. I bumped into Eric on twitter last year and I meant to invite him to the forums earlier. He Loves Baseball and I felt he could contribute to the offshore section of the site so I invited him to the forums. Proline is dead right now so its nice to see what lads are betting in the offshore markets.

Anyway BOL with All your bets Eric and I hope u continue to post and share a little bit of your background with the good folks at our forum. (Eric into financial markets)

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:08 am

Arch wrote:Thanks for giving Eric (Heckler) a warm welcome to the forums PLP. I bumped into Eric on twitter last year and I meant to invite him to the forums earlier. He Loves Baseball and I felt he could contribute to the offshore section of the site so I invited him to the forums. Proline is dead right now so its nice to see what lads are betting in the offshore markets.

Anyway BOL with All your bets Eric and I hope u continue to post and share a little bit of your background with the good folks at our forum. (Eric into financial markets)

I think that with proline getting tougher all the time and the summer being totally dead that a lot of us edge players are going to be looking at taking our skill sets into the offshore markets. Actually not new for most of us of course, but I think our involvement there will probably increase.

I myself started betting offshore/locals/vegas long before proline came on the scene. I only reason I stopped playing with the books because I saw right away that the potential against the OLG was huge. The difference was such that I soon devoted my time solely to the lottery end of things. But now it may be time to change that around a bit.

We've got the minds here that we could get together a very impressive group in analyzing offshore winning methods and in the end the offshore section may be more important than the proline part.

My thoughts anyways,

PLP

Arch

Post by Arch » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:20 am

Well said PLP. I only used pinny to hedge some proline bets my brother and I had together many years ago. It was his account so I just used it only a few times and focused my energy and resources more on Proline for obvious reasons.

I think I will continue to play proline still But it will be ALOT less then I did years ago due to the OLG starting to wake up these days. I would love nothing more to open a SIA and Bodog account and just bet games where they are slow to move but I fear the consequences of trusting these books :( Pinnacle is great but It takes ALOT more work to beat em or even break even longterm by betting the major sports
Regardless I will expect things to get alot better for proline once we get some ConfederationsCup odds aswell as CFL,NFL,NCAA aswell in late summer early fall/winter :)

mlansky

Post by mlansky » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:16 am

ProlinePlayer wrote:
Arch wrote:Thanks for giving Eric (Heckler) a warm welcome to the forums PLP. I bumped into Eric on twitter last year and I meant to invite him to the forums earlier. He Loves Baseball and I felt he could contribute to the offshore section of the site so I invited him to the forums. Proline is dead right now so its nice to see what lads are betting in the offshore markets.

I think that with proline getting tougher all the time and the summer being totally dead that a lot of us edge players are going to be looking at taking our skill sets into the offshore markets. Actually not new for most of us of course, but I think our involvement there will probably increase.

I myself started betting offshore/locals/vegas long before proline came on the scene. I only reason I stopped playing with the books because I saw right away that the potential against the OLG was huge. The difference was such that I soon devoted my time solely to the lottery end of things. But now it may be time to change that around a bit.

We've got the minds here that we could get together a very impressive group in analyzing offshore winning methods and in the end the offshore section may be more important than the proline part.

My thoughts anyways,

PLP
PLP,

Great post and I agree 120%. Proline here (WCLC) has been dead for well over a month and a half now. Just when I was going to start playing with my bankroll, there's no edges whatsoever to play. I remember hearing about how slow it can get in the summer in advance of this summer though, so it was expected. I had some extra time a couple of weeks ago, so I ended up watching all of those
'Sports Analytics Conference" videos on youtube. There was a guy on one of the panels named Bob Stoll who owns and runs drbobsports.com. He seemed pretty reputable, so it peaked my interest and I'm just wondering if you've heard of him or if any one else on here has heard anything about him?

Kind regards,

mlansky