June 26th Picks

Have a good pick for the offshore books. Share it here.
Heckler

June 26th Picks

Post by Heckler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Yesterday was a very solid day going 6-3 on posted picks, (I was 7-3 overall ... I forgot to add WASH when I was retyping)
Please read some previous posts to find out my exact strategy if you have any questions.

Glad I saved my work because when I went to post again it asked for my password! Lesson from yesterday learned!

Game 1: DET -141. Not outstanding value with a young pitcher on the mound, however, Tommy Hanson has been brutal and we want to fade him every chance we have right now. Hanson 6.75 era over his last 3 starts is exactly the type of pitcher Tigers have feasted on last couple of years. Tigers are hitting over .300 as a team at home and scoring around 5 runs a game. Look for them to rock Hanson early and often and for a long day for Angels tired bullpen.

Game 2: COL-BOS under 10. Roy O has looked decent with his comeback with the Rockies and I like his experience against Boston in this spot. 10 runs seems awfully high number in this spot and it seems odds makers are adding runs due to previous performances. Game Simulators show a strong chance that this game stays well below the 10 runs. I also like COL in this spot +160

Game 3: STL -1.5 Runs +105. I have been pounding this game in parlays since last night. I normally don't add a game to more than 15% of parlays, however, I bent my rules with this game and added it to 25% of days parlays. STL has dominated Astros for last 4 years and destroyed them last night. This was second consecutive blowout Houston had and the third is coming tonight. Lance Lynn has been lights out all year and Erik Bedard is one of the pitchers I just love to FADE. Wont surprise me again if he doesn't make it out of 3rd inning.

Game 4: TB Rays -105: Might be a little late for readers but I'm fading RA Dickey in this spot. He has posted 7.56 ERA L3 starts and been a bust overall. I wrote last week that message around the Rays was to 'finish first half strong' and make the move now.

Game 5: Pitt +152: In order to have big payouts on parlays we need to find great values sometimes. Pirates have gone 7-0 Jeanmar Gómez pitches. Felix Hernandez gets the respect from Vegas but he has been average lately at home going 1-1, 4.50 in his last 3 home starts. Look for Pirates to finish them off today.

Game 6: SFG +165: This game has something missing here that I don't understand so I will play what I see. On surface Lincecum is 1-5, 5.93 in his last seven starts is enough for instant FADE, however, his L3 starts have been terrific. Kershaw is now 0-3, 3.60 in his last 6 starts and missing spots he normally hits. I always worry about LAD weak lineup and really worry in this spot. I added SFG to 8% of my parlays today.

I also played KC-ATL under 8, DET-LAA under 9.5, NYY -130, WASH -148.