June 28th MLB Picks

Have a good pick for the offshore books. Share it here.
Heckler

June 28th MLB Picks

Post by Heckler » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Bounce Back Friday ... Thursday we watched two teams give up late leads and blow apart some parlays. We were able to hit on 2 out of the 3 NBA Draft Props so it wasn't a disaster of a day. But normally with the light schedule for Thursday I am not looking to be overly aggressive with parlays.

Game 1: Over Boston-Toronto 9.5. I have added this game to 15% of my parlays for the day and love this for several reasons. Josh Johnson has a been awful on the road posting a 0-2 record and a 7.56 ERA! Toronto's hot-offense with Jose Reyes returning should have a feast on him. His counterpart features Allen Webster has gone 0-2 with an 11.25 ERA and 2.083 WHIP over 3 starts. Both team might be able to cover the over on their own. Red Sox scored 180 runs in 1st thru 3rd innings ... Most in AL!

Game 2: Pitt -180. Not great value but when added to the right parlays it does its job. Pirates might be one of the best stories of the year and I loved Gerrit Cole since I first laid eyes on him. John Hellwig is making MLB debut and he has been an average minor league pitcher so far this year and does not have MLB ready stuff right now. I don't expect a long outstanding from Hellwig and expect this one to get ugly early and Cole to cruise through the Brew Crew.

Game 3: SDP +108. Good value anytime you can bet against the Marlins and they are favorites. Edison Volquez has dominated Miami in his career going with an ERA of 1.74 in five career starts and never losing. There is a lot of hype with Nolasco, who is 1-0 & 2.84 in his last couple starts, getting traded and needing to pitch well, but Marlins won't be able to touch Volquez again. I also like the under of 7.5 in this game and added both picks to 10% of daily parlays.

Game 4: COL -136. FADE Barry Zito. Zito is 0-4 L5 road starts with 14.51 ERA. That's right 14.51! Enough said playing in Colorado. Chacin 3-0 L3, 20.2 IP, 1.02 WHIP, 1.74 ERA

Other top parlay picks: LAA -123 ML. FADE Public Bet of Detroit ... bet TB Rays +121. LAD-PHI over 8.