Amazon Echo

General non-proline chat pages
ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Amazon Echo

Post by ProlinePlayer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

-off topic-

I see these are now being sold by Amazon.ca. Let me tell you - this is a must have toy!

As some of you know, I have an alternate home on a small island off (well in) Europe. About a year and a half ago amazon.uk offered these to anyone living in the UK. Through friends I had one sent to me. I expected the usual, something interesting but not as good as expected and will get bored with in time.

I was wrong. This toy exceeded all expectations and a year and half later is still in constant use. Combined with my Spotify account it makes listening to music easy. Simply a matter of saying 'Alexa, play We are the Champions by Queen' and away it goes. The sound quality is excellent. When I have people over for parties Alexa is a big hit. Everyone loves thinking up songs they haven't heard in a while and asking her to play them.

I was so impressed that a week later I ordered 3 of the dots, one for each bedroom. The sound quality is not that great on these for listening to music but they replace alarm clocks, radio. Also handy if you wake up in the morning and wondering what the population of Uruguay is. Or more likely who won last night - 'Alexa, what are last night's NHL scores?'

They've got these at an introductory price of $99. That is a bargain - I paid 150 UK sterling.

I highly recommend this.

PLP

Biffalo Buff

Re: Amazon Echo

Post by Biffalo Buff » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Good to know. I just ordered one a few days ago but have yet to receive it. At the time I bought it you could get an amazon prime membership for free with this for $100. Sine the membership is something I would buy anyway this essentially brought the price down to $20 for the Echo so I figured I would give it a try.