Great Article once again by Dave Purdum

Discuss winning strategies, theories and ideas
Arch

Great Article once again by Dave Purdum

Post by Arch » Fri May 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Hey guys for those of you who may not of known late last month my boy David posted about ongoing concerns told to him and others from the most respect big$ Players and Bookmakers in the world, Here is the ground breaking report about 2 Huge stories on WSEX and "TheGreek" http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/spor ... chillinger PS- I talk with David quite often over twitter he is a very good reporter and source to have and follow

BTS

Re: Great Article once again by Dave Purdum

Post by BTS » Fri May 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks Arch, interesting article with lots of news I should have known but didn't. Haven't been keeping up with recent offshore developments and still have sizable balances which just isn't a very good situation. Looks like I now have a project: time to reduce some balances.

I did get a call from Wagerweb about a week ago telling me they were taking over Legendz accounts. Mine was empty so after unsuccesfully trying to confirm Legendz was dead on SBR's news page, I just chalked it up as BS.

WSEX was one of my lucky escapes, got out of there shortly before they started to slow/no pay. I had many issues with them in the past, they really weren't too well managed in the few years before they went rogue. In the good old days they were known as a top book who took decent action.

Arch

Post by Arch » Fri May 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Stay safe out there BTS its a good idea to slowly start rethinking any positions u have sitting out there, WSEX was a very big player in the market for many yrs even during Jays problems with the DOJ many years ago. But the news of Spiros really was a shock to many high rollers as he was 1 of the "Good Guys" as they say.

Arch

Post by Arch » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:33 am

During the time I posted the Article from David I was involved in some discussion on twitter (Some Private) surrounding the Idea that since alot of the big movers and shakers had left the offshore market entirely and in their absence even books like pinny have seen no where near the liquidity they saw years ago for American market sports.

Today I saw a post by RAS saying
"I'm not sure Pinnacle even has the sharpest line these days, at least not for CFB"

RAS for years has not only believed the "Pinny Lean" But they educated ppl to fear it especially if u were on the other side. But today someone was talking about using the "Pinny Lean" against stale #s that a local had when compared with Pinny yet Ed at RAS broke from past tradition and Told the Bettor he doesnt think there the sharpest anymore especially for American Markets like NCAA sports.

To me it makes sense with DOJ Crackdown on WSEX operations and having a "Hard On" investigating Pinnacle has hurt liquidity with many CashingOut
Last edited by Arch on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch

Post by Arch » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:39 am

I still believe Pinny is the sharpest book out there due to the high limits/LowMargins but I will concede that it may be 100% true that pinny may not have the sharpest opening odds anymore for American Market Sports like NCAAF (ClosingOdds Are Fine IMO)

What do you guys think? Do u agree with RAS or do u think RAS is totally of the mark?

Kaboshed

Post by Kaboshed » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Arch wrote:During the time I posted the Article from David I was involved in some discussion on twitter (Some Private) surrounding the Idea that since alot of the big movers and shakers had left the offshore market entirely and in their absence even books like pinny have seen no where near the liquidity they saw years ago for American market sports.

Today I saw a post by RAS saying
"I'm not sure Pinnacle even has the sharpest line these days, at least not for CFB"

RAS for years has not only believed the "Pinny Lean" But they educated ppl to fear it especially if u were on the other side. But today someone was talking about using the "Pinny Lean" against stale #s that a local had when compared with Pinny yet Ed at RAS broke from past tradition and Told the Bettor he doesnt think there the sharpest anymore especially for American Markets like NCAA sports.

To me it makes sense with DOJ Crackdown on WSEX operations and having a "Hard On" investigating Pinnacle has hurt liquidity with many CashingOut
Cris is showing bigger limits early week on CFB but I would still bet the lean into almost everywhere else. I think WSEX was broke/slo paying/no paying well before DOJ started showing such interest in offshore operations.